Crew Training Courses
STCW 95 Courses for Yacht Crew - 6 Days.
Seal Superyachts in conjunction with B.I.M.S (Barter International Maritime School) are running STCW ’95 courses in Phuket, Thailand.
Seal Superyachts long relationship with the yachting industry and B.I.M.S depth of experience as a leading maritime trainer in the Thai marine industry make them prefect partners to deliver quality STCW’95 courses to the Superyachting community.
- Seal Superyachts are agents to the Superyachting industry with bases in strategically important locations across South East Asia.
- All courses will be conducted by Barter International Maritime Studies (BIMS), under ISO 9001/2008 approval from BVQI at SEAL Superyachts HQ in Phuket, Thailand.
- All four basic courses are based on IMO Model courses and approved by Thai Marine Department and MOE. They are recognized worldwide.
- There are no prerequisites to enrol on these courses.
- Courses are run in English.
- Total of 5 days in duration for all four courses.
- Certification is provided for every module.
ELEMENTRY FIRST AID. STCW Code - A-VI/1-3
- Application of various resuscitation techniques
- Application of various techniques to clear a foreign body airway blockage
- Control of Bleeding from an injured person
- Method of immobilizing a fracture using splint sand ties
- Leading a group of rescuers in placing an injured person on a spine board
- Techniques for bandaging using typical first aid kit materials
PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES: STCW Code - A-VI/1-1
- Proper donning of Approved lifejacket and immersion suit
- Properly jumping into the water from a height
- Swimming while wearing a Coast Guard approved lifejacket and righting an inverted Coast Guard approved liferaft
- Keeping afloat in water without the aid of a lifejacket or an immersion suit
- Jumping into the life raft while wearing a PFD and Boarding a life raft without assistance
FIRE PREVENTION AND BASIC FIRE FIGHTING: STCW Code - A-VI/1-2
- Fire Extinguisher types
- Proper fire fighting procedures for small (incipient) class A, B, and C fires
- Self-contained breathing apparatus
- Breathing apparatus under normal and simulated
- Emergency conditions
PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: STCW Code - A-VI/1-4
- Instruction in the area of social responsibility and human relationships
COST: 800 USD per person (four courses combined).
NEXT COURSE: STCW 95 19th-25th October 2009
RYA Yachtmaster Offshore.